The Modlin Fortress

The old Modlin Fortress founded by Napoleon in 1806 and expanded in 1811-1812, ranked among the biggest in Europe, is undoubtedly a great tourist attraction of Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki. On the right bank of the Vistula river bastion fortifications and five crown cannons were erected at that time, which were later redeveloped by the Russians into an outside ring of the fortress. 


The Modlin Fortress - overview 4352
 

Main Menu
Home
History
Fortresess
BFR Events
BFR Meetings
Press
Sitemap
BFR map
BFR Tours
Declaration of Kaunas
Architecture & Reconstruction and Nature Management (WP-2)
Transnational Documentation and Inventorisation Centre Fortresess (TDICF)
Documents