The Peitz Fortress

In a sales document from the year 1301 Peitz was first named as „opidum et castum "(city and castle). Not least because of its border situation to Saxonia and Böhmen Peitz experienced a frequent change of the owners. By the building of the fortress in 1559 to 1562 the "markgräfliche" possession should be protected in the long term. Over centuries was this building character-determining for the city.


The Peitz Fortress - overview 3607
 

Main Menu
Home
History
Fortresess
BFR Events
BFR Meetings
Press
Sitemap
BFR map
BFR Tours
Declaration of Kaunas
Architecture & Reconstruction and Nature Management (WP-2)
Transnational Documentation and Inventorisation Centre Fortresess (TDICF)
Documents