The Kolobrzeg Fortress

First modern defenses in Kolobrzeg were build by occupying city soldiers of Wallenstein's imperial army (30 XI 1627 - 1 II 1631). Weak points of medieval walls and towers were fortified from the outside with different size earthwork defenses, mostly small strongholds. Building of earthwork defenses was continued by new occupants - Swedes (2 II 1631 - 15 VI 1653). 


The Kolobrzeg Fortress - overview 6709
 

Main Menu
Home
History
Fortresess
BFR Events
BFR Meetings
Press
Sitemap
BFR map
BFR Tours
Declaration of Kaunas
Architecture & Reconstruction and Nature Management (WP-2)
Transnational Documentation and Inventorisation Centre Fortresess (TDICF)
Documents