The Kostrzyn Fortress

The beginnings of Kostrzyn Fortress are dated in 1537 - 68 when from the will of Jan Hohenzollern the fortress was created in the form of terrestrial rampart. The next stage of the fortress's extension was realized by two Italian builders - Francesco Chiaramella and Roch Guerrini -Linari. After its completion in 1590 the fortress was one of the greatest works of fortification architecture of contemporary Europe.


The Kostrzyn Fortress - overview 4497
Renowation works in Berliner Gate 3757
 

Main Menu
Home
History
Fortresess
BFR Events
BFR Meetings
Press
Sitemap
BFR map
BFR Tours
Declaration of Kaunas
Architecture & Reconstruction and Nature Management (WP-2)
Transnational Documentation and Inventorisation Centre Fortresess (TDICF)
Documents